Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

My Summer {Reading} List


Summer is the perfect time to catch up on a little reading.  It hasn't always been easy to find that time, but somehow I seem to squeeze it in.  At the beginning of each summer, I compile a list of the books I would like to finish before the new school year begins.  I've NEVER made it through an entire list, but I love to try. 

Awhile back, I began to keep a journal of those books that I was interested in reading.  Anytime I came across an intriguing title, I'd write it down.  When I finished that book, I would make a few comments and then check it off my list.  I'm a list fiend and this process just totally works for me. Read this post for ideas about keeping a reading journal.

So back to my summer reading list. I don't have my complete list yet, but here is my plan so far:


  • A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith (I'm already halfway through this and have a hard time putting it down.)
  • The Mitford Series by Jan Karon (I've started it before but have not finished.)
  • Disciplines of the Beautiful Woman by Anne Ortlund
  • The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas (this time from cover to cover)
This list I think I can actually finish.  Does anyone out there have any favorite summer reading books?  Any suggestions?


3 comments :

  1. Men are like Waffles and Women are like Spaghetti was quite funny. I am reading Humor for a woman's heart. The short story method of writing is kinda choppy, but keeps it changing. It is quite funny. After that book, I am hoping to actually finish Macbeth. I started earlier this year and have not finished it. (read it before, but I am a finisher!) Order in the Court is another book I am about to finish. I started a book while my sister was here, and she left with the book. I have to get. I don't remember the name but it was a good book. The Old Man and the Sea is a other one I want to read. So there is my list so far! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list, Michelle! Chris can hopefully tell you a thing or two about Macbeth : ) I've heard of Men are like Waffles and Women are like Spaghetti. I'd like to add that to my journal. Thanks for the great ideas. BTW, praying for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOh I have tried to read The count of monte cristo a few times and I always fall asleep... you have inspired me to try again, and if anything I will be well rested :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...