Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Sorting {Buttons}




A couple of weekends ago, some friends and I spent about fives hours hitting garage sales.  So much fun!! What I thought was a total jackpot was this large shoebox full of buttons that only cost me $1.00!!



Have you ever tried to buy buttons for a project just to find that they are NOT cheap?  I was very excited about this deal.

Last night, I started the seemingly never-ending task of sorting the massive pile of buttons.  As non-stimulating and monotonous as sorting buttons sounds, it's actually quite therapeutic.  No thinking required and a sense of accomplishment in the end.

Well, I didn't reach the end last night, but I did make some headway.


 I have been saving just about every plastic and glass jar that has found its way into my house.  I didn't know what I was going to use them for, but now I do.  A little Goo Gone to get the labels off and Viola! They are just perfect for my colorful little buttons.  So cute!


I started off thinking that I'd sort them according to the colors of the rainbow. You know: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple.  Then I began to realize there were more categories than that: dusty rose, gray, brown, light yellow (because in the regular yellow pile, they looked white).  I didn't have enough jars so Ziploc bags will have to do for now.

So what was probably a fairly simple project, I had to turn into a more complicated one.  Oh well, it's fun.  And I'm going to have quite a complete and well-sorted collection of buttons when I'm through. Can't wait to show you the end result!!




No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...