It's summer time and with that kind of freedom comes my never ending battle with laziness. Really, all I want to do sit on my back porch with the over-head fan on, hold my dog, sip some sweet tea, and read a book. That's ALL I want to do.
But, alas, my neglected house, piling projects, endless errands are calling my name and they will not be ignored. If you've ready my post The Power of a Post-It, you know how serious of a list person I am. Well, my list is quite long, but I'm proud to announce that it is getting shorter.
Things of which I am very proud that I've accomplished over the past few weeks while fighting my urge to veg:
- filed my state taxes
- jump started my car (first time by myself - thank you, YouTube), and took it to the auto store to get a new battery
- push mowed my lawn AGAIN (our riding mower is on the fritz)
- removed my riding lawn mower batter (first time by myself - found out I didn't have to but still proud of myself)
- loose-leash trained my dog (well, he's almost there)
- baked 50 cookies for our church camp (and I am NOT a baker)
- finally got an estimate done on our banged up car
- finished a decorating project that is long overdue (surprise - I'll post about it soon - that's still on my list)
- started P90X (fourth time through - excited to be doing it again)
- organized my sheet music (it was such a mess - I'll post about my new music shelf soon)
- learned two new piano pieces for church (I'm ahead of the game!)
- organized our office and all the millions of papers, manuals, pictures, and other misc items that are held within
- Took my dog to the vet (first time - I was nervous)
- Got my NC drivers license
Those are the major things. This post was all about boring you with details. Hope you enjoyed! Well, I hope you were at least inspired to make a list of your own and start checking them off.