I had a craving for chicken strips the other night and since I try to stay away from white flour as much as possible, out came the coconut flour. Eureka!! This chicken is the perfect combination of sweet and savory. I added dill because I'm in love with dill. It's probably my favorite seasoning. But you can add pretty much anything you want to the bread crumbs.
Here's what you'll need:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups plain bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons dry dill (or more if you want)
- 1 cup coconut flour
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with olive oil.
- Cut chicken into 1 inch thick strips making sure the pieces are uniform.
- Mix the bread crumbs together with the dill in a shallow bowl.
- Place beaten egg in another bowl and coconut flour in another.
- Dip chicken pieces into flour, then egg mixture, and lastly the bread crumb mixture.
- Place chicken on baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes and turn. Bake for another 7 minutes or until crispy on the outside.
Yay for quick, easy, healthy, yummy dinners!!