Pages

Friday, February 7, 2014

Here's A Repost…Can you blame me?

I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again: I'm back! And I am starting things out right with a repost. Lame, I know, but necessary.  These wreaths are too precious not to talk about.  This post is a couple of years old so this project will be new to many of you.  Happy Love Month! Hope you enjoy. 

I love our double front doors...BUT having double front doors means having double the amount of decorations for the doors. Double the amount of decorations means double the cost.  So to justify changing my door decor with every new season and holiday, cheap is the way I go. These wreaths cost me about $8 a piece.


What you'll need:
  • wreath frame
  • cupcake liners (about 145 for this size)
  • hot glue gun
  • garland
I started out with this wreath frame from the Dollar Tree ($1):


I purchased 8 packages of these ADORABLE cupcake liners (24 count each), also from the Dollar Tree, but realized later I needed more.  I ended up buying a total of 12 packages ($12) for both wreaths (6 packages per wreath):


Fold each cupcake liner into fourths (fold in half and then in half again) and hot glue them to the wreath frame, placing just a dot of glue at the point of the folded liner. Keep them close together but not too close because you will end up needing double the amount of liners.  After they are all glued on, you will be able to fluff up the liners and make them look fuller.




I added an embellishment on each wreath by flattening out a liner and cutting slits around the edge (creating a flower shape).  I stacked three on top of each other trimming each one smaller than the one under it. I skewered them with the toothpicks that came with the liners and hot glued the toothpicks to the wreath.


Next, I draped heart garland back and forth across the back of the wreath.  The garland is the reason I can't give you an exact cost on the wreaths. I bought them last year after Valentines Day and can't remember exactly how much I paid for them.  I know it was less than a dollar per garland.


I was so pleased with the final product.  I was afraid they might come out looking too "crafty" (no offense), but I think they resemble carnation wreaths.  The colors are beautiful and look gorgeous from the street. Love spending close to nothing for awesome decorations!





No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...