Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

B/C there are only so many hours in a day and so many days in a week...


...and because I'm still working on time management, I have decided that I need to limit my posts to just a few per week.  I have been blogging almost every day for the past couple of months and LOVE IT!  But my schedule, my house, and my husband don't.  I had a reality check last week when life got busy, and I had to substitute blogging for things like...cleaning my house...spending time with my husband...preparing for my classes. These are the things that really make my world go 'round and should get first priority.  So I sat down and had a talk with myself.  I said, "Self, take a chill pill." No, I really didn't say that to myself because it's 2011 not 1996.  But I did have a serious conversation with myself about what is really important.  I came up with this conclusion:
 I am NOT a stay at home mom. In fact, I work two jobs that both require outside work.  I have a husband whom I love to spend time with and who needs a lot of attention : )  I have a ginormous house which is my dream home and needs to stay that way (i.e. it needs to stay clean!).  And I also have other various aspects of my life such as church, friends, and family that need a lot of investment, too.  So where does blogging rank among all these?  Not at the top, I can tell you that.  Blogging is a hobby and not a passion.  At least it isn't yet!  And hobbies do not rank highly on my list of priorities.  They are a luxury and should be treated as such.  This is a very round-about way of saying that I will be posting on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and sometimes Saturdays.  Why do I need to inform you of this?  Because I thought you might want to know : )  That's all.

2 comments :

  1. Cute Jane :) Thankfully little ones require more sleep than adults bc their waking up an hour after I do means I can clean house before sunrise. I blog while I run, which is for quite long distances. I mean I am so in thought when I run that I think of everything: my family, Bible studies & lessons, training up my kids, kid activities, housework, what's for lunch, what's for dinner, what me and the hubby will plan this wkend, what to wear...you get the point. Putting it down is where the problem comes up. I normally am extremely well with multitasking thanks to my beloved 2-yr old lol I normally do it (put the blog on a blog) while I am cooking dinner, lunch, or putting him for a nap. Does that mean I blog 3 times a day? No of course not, there's still reading I love to do and my Bible studies--you have to balance. Look forward to your post tomorrow ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely blog you have! I adore the background!

    The posting on my blog is very sporadic and most of the posts are scheduled. But, in a way, that makes it more fun for me I think!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...