Pages

Friday, January 7, 2011

Getting That Hotel Look

My husband and I have hit a wall.  Literally.  We are normally not indecisive when it comes to decorating our home.  I usually get inspired and start hanging pictures and arranging furniture.  He thinks about the functional side of things and keeps me from buying too many things that have absolutely no purpose.  All in all, we make a great decorating team (at least for our taste....please don't try to hire us!)

We've lived in our home for almost a year now and the one room that hasn't been touched is our master bedroom.  I have always been told that your master bedroom should be the FIRST to be decorated and complete.  After all, it is the most important room in the house.  Maybe because I want it to be perfect, I haven't been able to decide what I want to do yet.  The current state of the room isn't horrible.  It's actually very relaxing and acceptable from a design point of view.  Most of the room's character comes from the moulding and double trey ceiling.  Gorgeous!  But the rest of the room's decor doesn't do it justice.

We've finally decided that we want to go with the hotel look.  Now that just opens a whole new box of opportunities....and decisions.  I googled 5 star hotels and searched through dozens of pictures.  I saved my favorites and have been choosing what I like from each one.  I wish I could find the perfect room that I could copy floor to ceiling but no luck.  I don't think that ever actually happens.  Here are some of the inspirational pictures.

Matthew and I both love the color palette of this room.  I also adore the ottoman. We aren't so in love with that heart chair, however. 


What I noticed and liked about this room was the chocolate wall. I feel the room is a little cluttered and busy though, but the colors are great. 


Adore, adore, adore this room! Matthew says it's the floor to ceiling windows letting in all the light that I really love.  Maybe, but I still adore this room.  Really love that picture above the bed and the lighting. 


Okay, so maybe this isn't the stereotypical hotel look, but this is for our bedroom, right? How cozy is this room!!? I love the punches of color. 


Headboard.  Need I say more.


A little fussy for our taste but there are still some elements I like.  Window treatments are gorgeous. I love the artwork and nesting tables. 



The first thing Matthew said when he saw this picture is, "Really beachy." Guess that would be interpreted, "I don't like it."  What I like about this room is the bed and the side table.  


Love the bed, bench, and chairs.  Where can I get chairs JUST LIKE those?  Matthew says, "All I can look at is that light fixture on the ceiling."  


Love the colors.  And there's that chocolate wall again.


So the journey for the "hotel look" begins. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...