Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Finding a Use for It: {Egg Cartons}

During Hubby's last business trip, I took on the task of cleaning out our pantry.  We have a HUGE pantry.  Way more room than we actually need.  With extra room comes the apparent need to try to fill all of that space, whether it be with actual pantry goods or...just whatever happens to end up in there. (like a leather shoe care kit???? not sure.)

I ended up with a large trash bag full of, well, trash. : )  Chip bags containing only crumbs, Bisquick with an ancient expiration date, multiples of the same product with meager remains in each container.  It was very interesting and showed me what I bought on an impulse.  

So after all of the trash was gone, I moved on to organizing.  Over the last year or so, I have clung onto my egg cartons, refusing to throw them away.  With all of the amazing ideas out there for repurposing egg cartons,  I though surely that I would apply one of them.  But there I was, staring at a half dozen or more un-repurposed cartons.  "Hmmmmm.....what could I use these for?" I asked myself. Then it came to me.

You know those nifty organizer shelves that lift the back row of cans into view making it easier to see what you actually have in your pantry?  Egg cartons do the same job beautifully!  They are steady and can hold a pretty good amount of weight.  I used ALL of my cartons for this purpose.  Here are a couple of pictures.



I was very proud of myself and expect Real Simple to be knocking at my door any day.  My pantry is gorgeously organized, and I can SEE everything.


Keep having a lovely summer and knock off some of those items on your to-do list : )


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...