Pages

Friday, February 12, 2010

And my ideas lived happily ever after...

Lord willing, my husband and I will be closing on our newly built home on Feb 23rd. Yippy! It's difficult to contain the excitement.  My daydreams and nightdreams are overflowing with ideas.  Where should we positon the couch?  Here....or here?  What style of bookshelf would look best in this room?  That gorgeous color I saw on Design To Sell would be perfect in the guest bath!!!  Ahhh....too much design brainstorming.  Got to take it one inspiration at a time.
Luckily, I have my fantastical, faithful friend who keep me sane when there is a decor overload. 

#1 by my side: The Ultimate Home Journal and Organizer



This book alone has the power to keep my budget-blowing, overly-eclectic mumbo-jumbo of ideas at bay.  Best design investment of my life.  

There is a worksheet for every room in the house including "other" worksheets. Each worksheet has a detailed chart for the project and a budget and comment page.  There is also a section for pictures. I inserted my own photo pages to hold any pictures or magazine cutouts I found inspirational for that room. I also inserted page protectors for any documentation or receipts.

A pad of graph paper for room dimension and furniture placement.


Small furniture punchouts with dimensions to place on your graph paper. Does it get better than this?!


Project calendar


Catagorical Folders

All in all, a great organizationl tool for the haphazard thoughts that flood my brain from day to day.  I think it will only get worse once we move but then I can actually execute ideas.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...