Pages

Friday, June 18, 2010

Go Ahead and Add It To My Wish List

Have you ever created the perfect idea of something in your mind that anything short of that PERFECT something just wouldn't cut it?  Well, that's what I've done.  I think I've doomed myself to disappointment from the moment I laid eyes on THIS:


B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L Mayfair Steamer Brushed Steel Trunk by Restoration Hardware - $1695
My husband and I both agree it's gorgeous (well, he may not have used that word) but a little out of our price range.  It might also be just a tad too large for our space, but I'd settle for his slightly smaller and less expensive little brother. : )


The runner up in this love affair would be this guy:




Mayfair Steamer Leather Trunk by Restoration Hardware - $1695

Once again, out of budget and a little large, but he too has a little brother.  As a side note, don't you just adore that lamp?!!

Close third and fourth:

Raffia Trunk by Pottery Barn - $799
Expedition Trunk by Pottery Barn - $1299

I'm hooked on these 19th-century traveler's companions. Talk about bringing character and a conversation piece to a room!  As my wish list grows, these guys are staying pretty close to the top.

2 comments :

  1. LOVE the trunks. Have you tried lookin' at antique stores? I found one once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a Pottery Barn Raffia trunk for sale. $80 Madison WI craiglist.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...