Pages

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Picture Perfect?

The walls in my house laugh at me....  No, I'm not going crazy, but I do have just about the most obnoxiously large and defiant walls ever to be built by man.  Painted a beautfiul, relaxing neutral tan, they should be inspiring me with their warmth and clean palette. Instead, all I see is how tall (two story walls in my living room) and how extremely long they all are. They are waiting for me to muster enough courage to attmept to hang something upon them.  Whether it be a mirror or a framed picture or a sconce, they know that even after the fourteenth time I've hammered and pulled out the same nail, what I've hung will still be about 1/4" too low.  And that's when they laugh. I stand, I stare, and I suffer through idea after idea, hoping that I won't have to spend hours on HGTV's website to deal with the dilemma.  Needless to say, I am more than a little relieved and very excited when I come up with something I absolutely love! When it's not a collage of plates or a wall art transfer, I know I've hit the jackpot. 

My living room has been the project that I've most wanted to tackle in our gorgeous home.  It's the first room you enter when coming through the door, and I wanted it to draw you in and say, "relax!" It's getting there. I knew I needed some great artwork and an amazing color palette to set the mood.  I loved the idea of a turn-of-the-century feel with warm reds, yellows, rusty oranges, and deep greens.  Very comfy and very vintage. All this in the attempt to beat my walls at their own game.







I found these vintage travel posters online and fell in love with the colors.  The pictures make you feel like you're on your way to some exotic location.

I'm happy with how the mantle turned out.  It makes me smile. My parents bought us this poster during out last trip to Seattle.  Love, love, love!  Thanks, Dad and Mom!!!





Postcard pictures from IKEA.  I thought they were fun and colorful.  The frames really make them pop.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...