Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

Fanciness: {Stationery}

In the days of emailing, texting, and instant messaging, it's a rarity that anyone sends a real-life letter through the actual POST OFFICE anymore.  But who saves instant messages?  Who sits down and re-reads all of those emails sent with love and care?  Who begins to feel nostalgic over a text message!!  My answer would be no one.

My mother LOVES beautiful things.  Among the beautiful things that she loves would be beautiful stationary.  However, my mom doesn't just collect lovely paper...she uses it!  I have a box filled with letters my mom has written me throughout the years.  I even have a journal that she kept for me when I was a baby. My mom doesn't think herself to be an exceptional writer, but I would have to disagree.  I pull out her letters often and re-read them, always amazed at her ability to transform emotion into the written word.  These letters are one of my most precious possessions.

I had a teacher in college who would always say that one of the best gifts you can give is the gift of words.  You can read about what it means to give a gift of words here.

If you are going to send a letter, special stationery is not a necessity, but it sure is fun. Here are a few ideas to start you out:




1. Gold Bee by Crane 2. Ecru by Vera Wang 3. Oyster White by Vera Wang 4. Engraved Thank You by Vera Wang  5. Magnolia by Vera Wang   6. Aquamarine Blue by Vera Wang 7. Rabbit Express by Checkerboard  8. Three Eggs by Crane  9. Peacock by Kate Spade 10. Bicycle by Crane





No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...